This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info.
A Career Opportunity with Siemens Technology India, Pune
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry.
Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
|Job Functions||Information Technology, Engineering|
Role & Responsibilities
- Purchase of commodities such as Instrumentation, Electrical & Pipe tube fittings for Oil & Gas projects at best savings and value for the Company and affiliates.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer technical requirements and the requirements of the Project and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased systems.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Supports project management efforts during order processing .
- Develops and maintains information to keep abreast of sources, prices and technical innovations on a worldwide basis.
- Coordinates participation of key suppliers in the technical design and manufacturing process.
- Interacts with business unit and cost center personnel to affect the timely release of technical engineering data and subsequent technical engineering changes.
- Complete purchasing work aligned with Company Global Purchasing Policy.
- Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
- Manage vendor delivery performance.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
- Act as a back up to other buyers that are out of the office.
Siemens don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Experience in Instrumentation, Electrical & Pipe tube fittings for Oil & Gas projects
- Understanding of Global sourcing ,import and export processes.
- Previous experience in SAP/Oracle as user.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or its equivalent of experience industry or engineering environment.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience within function or industry
- Ability to take ownership, think independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proven excellent customer service, written and oral communication and presenting to a variety of audiences in English language.
- Advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids, negotiation and contract formation.
- Effectively able to participate in or lead teams and collaboration cross-functionally.
- Ability to assess and establish priorities for self and others, demonstrate flexibility and understand/communicate sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, excellent problem solving abilities and proven decision making skills
Siemens have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level:Experienced Professional
For More Information Visit : Siemens Technology India
|For Other IT Jobs Checkout: JobYojana.com|
Please Share resume on Official Sites, Third Party Website may use data for unwanted reasons.