This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info.
A Career Opportunity with Oceaneering, Pune
We make robots. Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software.
We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness.
Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world’s leading companies for 30 years.
|Seniority Level||Entry Level|
|Industry||Computer Software, Information Technology & Services, Oil & Energy|
|Job Functions||Engineering, Information Technology|
As a full stack web developer you will be responsible for implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing our web based AGV solutions. Working in a multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for making sure that the software systems meet the customer specifications and work within their site constraints. Given that we have global customers you are willing to travel and stay abroad occasionally. You are responsible for the successful installation at the customer site.
In this role you will be working closely with the Software Engineering Team at Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implementing, developing, testing and installing web based software systems;
- Troubleshooting and fixing software issues;
- Assist with requirements, detailed design documentation, and test cases;
- Providing support for field issues;
- Continuously improving our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency;
- Mentor other developers
- Working in a multidisciplinary and multi-national team.
- Coordinate project deliveries and schedules with the OAsys team in the Netherlands.
- Maintain relevant key performance indicators
- Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues
- Provide technical guidance on own areas of expertise to other team members.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Work towards establishing Operational Excellence at ODC. Support Quality Management System implementation at ODC and drive Continuous Improvement process.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
- May require a multi-month trip to the Netherlands for training shortly after starting on the job. Additional trips to abroad may be required as per the project need.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position will require to functionally lead entry level Engineers.
- Technical Bachelor degree (preferably in Computer Science, Web Design or Information Technology) or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web based applications;
- Experience with back-end development in Java (Spring/Hibernate/similar framework);
- Experience with requirements, design documentation, and test cases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. German is a plus;
- Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code;
- Self-motivated to generate innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Customer focused attitude;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad occasionally during system installation;
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a dynamic work environment;
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with D3 and Bootstrap
- Experience with test frameworks such as Karma and Protractor
- Experience with testing web based systems
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience with programming in Java (back-end);
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate or similar;
- Experience with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira;
- Experience working in scrum teams;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Self-motivated, confident and passionate
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Able to make decisions in conflicting situation
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Able to set priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click ‘Apply Now’.
For More Information Visit : Oceaneering, Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Other Jobs @ Pune, Aurangabad|
|For Other IT Jobs Checkout: JobYojana.com|
|Top IT Companies in Pune|
Please Share resume on Official Sites, Third Party Website may use data for unwanted reasons.