This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info.
A Career Opportunity with IBM, Pune
Position: Subject Matter Expert-SQL DBA
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell.
To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.
To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
|Seniority Level||Entry Level|
|Industry||Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Financial Services|
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
Role and Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, administers, and tunes MS SQL Server databases. Completes database back-ups and maintains backup procedures.
- Maintains database high availability and the upkeep and availability of other Database systems as required.
- Creates automation scripts to perform repetitive tasks and to ensure high data integrity. Serves as backup to the Senior Database Administrator role.
- Determines database management needs and recommends system upgrades as necessary. Ensures that databases are restored in a timely and efficient manner in the event of system failure.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement. Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of applications.
- This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with back-ups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Flexible, teammate, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently. Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams. MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience in scripting for automation of application deployments and other infrastructure components
- Monitored Applications, Generated core dumps and Heap dumps with support from team members.
- Experience on urban code.
For More Information Visit : IBM, Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Other Jobs @ Siemens Technology India, Aurangabad|
|For Other IT Jobs Checkout: JobYojana.com|
|Top IT Companies in Pune|
Please Share resume on Official Sites, Third Party Website may use data for unwanted reasons.