This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info.
A Career Opportunity with Amdocs, Pune
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped to create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact.
Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop.
We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day.
Our company is built of amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people that Amdocs employs.
|Seniority Level||Entry Level|
|Industry||Information Technology & Services|
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
The DB administrator is handling physical and applicative database administration activities supporting end 2 end life cycle of product from database perspective
What will your job look like?
- You will support the following levels: Physical – you will be responsible for the physical and technical oriented aspects e.g. storage, security, networking and more; Application – you will handles all application-related issues (e.g. queries, users, embedded SQL’s etc.)
- You will ensure database resources are sized properly and a design strategy is developed to make sure that the database is maintained at a healthy size.
- You will ensure availability and performance of multi database and application environments with very large volumes and sizes.
- You will perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance, backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
- You will execute periodic health checks for databases and recommend changes that should be executed in the production environment to ensure optimal performance.
- You will interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
- You will work closely with developers, assist them with database structure design as of business needs (e.g. indexes, constraints, integrity)
All you need is…
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DBA in large environment
- Experience as DBA – Oracle 10g, 11g, 12g – database management and architecture
- Experience with Oracle 10, 11, 12 RAC and ASM
- Desirable experience : MSSQL 2005/8/12
- You will have the ability to work with Linux/Unix and Windows based OS Environment
- Experience in working with large scale projects and databases highly advantageous
- Extensive operation systems knowledge
- Network architecture knowledge
- Experience in working and configuration of storage (IBM/EMC/Netapp)
- Ability to effectively multitask, work in a team and ability to deliver against deadlines and under pressure
Why You Will Love This Job
- You will be able to use your specific insights into variety of projects to overcome technical challenge while continuing to deepen your area of knowledge.
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and professional development
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field
Find out more about Siemens careers at: Amdocs, Pune
|For Other IT Jobs Checkout: JobYojana.com|
Please Share resume on Official Sites, Third Party Website may use data for unwanted reasons.